Saturday, December 3, 2011

Final Reflections

I was not sure what to expect when starting this class.  I can safely say though that it has been a great experience.  Even though most of us resist getting out of our comfort zone, it is often a good thing and can lead to great ideas.  There were many times at the beginning of a project that I would have that anxious panicked feeling that I wasn't going to be creative enough to complete the assignment appropriately...that never happened.  I surprised myself with how creative I could be and felt great satisfaction when the projects were complete. 

I can see now how virtual worlds can be a great tool to educators.  I don't see K-12 going virtual quite yet, but can see how aspects of the 9-12 range could get there some time.  In my opinion though, K-12 kids SHOULD still be in the classroom the majority of the time, but could possibly have virtual sessions while at school. 

My future in SL is still unknown.  I think it's a neat tool, but with trying to finish my degree I'm not sure how much time I'll have to explore right how.  I'd love to keep learning about building...it's kind of addicting!  The last of my 7 places seems like a great place to continue learning.

Thanks for a great experience!!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment