Saturday, October 15, 2011

7-1 SL Travel Guide

Virtual Harlem
While visiting Virtual Harlem I did a lot of listening to the 1920's jazz that was playing.  In fact, I visited the Cotton Club and danced to Duke Ellington.  I also did some other exploring of this historic spot during my visit.  While in one of the shops, I got a free Flapper Feather, but when I tried to wear it on my robot avatar it was nearly around my neck instead of on my head.  I also saw Langston Huges sitting at a desk writing and listened to Ella Fitzgerald sing.
Check me out busting a move in the Cotton Club below.

ISTE Island
I got so many resources while on ISTE Island!  The docent, Thunder, was soooo helpful!  She helped me become a member of the ISTE Island group and gave me some great science resources in SL on a notecard.  I visited a few of them when I was finished in ISTE Island.  She also gave me the name of one of her friends that maintains a page on ISTE Island.  Looking forward to visiting this Island again and maybe taking a tour or listening to a session that is offered.

Foul Whisperings Strange Matters
After viewing several of the available notecards on this island I can see that it is dedicated to learning about Shakespeare's Macbeth.  This would be a great way for students to learn about and show understanding of this famous play.  Here's a picture of me near the throne.

Zoobyland
Zooby's is a place where you can buy all kids of pets...Cats, Dogs, Monkeys, Prehistoric Pets, Wild Animals, or Creatures.  These items cost Lindens to purchase, but they are very realistic.  Maybe one day I'll be able to afford one!  I also came upon a place on the island that I was unable to enter...I could see it and fly over it, but was not able to get it.  It was like I hit a wall each time I got close.  Below is me checking out a cute little Beagle puppy...maybe some day...


Vassar, Sistine Chapel Re-Creation
Vassar is in New York, while the Sistine Chapel is in Vatican City.  The views inside the Chapel were amazing!  I took a picture below.  I also did a little exlporing of the island and found out some things about Vassar College as well.

Virtual Ability
This island helps people with almost any kind of disability be able to escape it for a while.  There was a great orientation of SL tour, too!  I found a place where you could get all kinds of free stuff.  I got a few things to maybe add to my area on FB Island.

International Spaceflight Museum
Here, visitors are able to view spacecraft from the past and spacecraft for the future.  It seems that you can even take a ride on a rocket.  Pretty neat place with all of these important pieces of space history (and future) all in one place.  I also liked that there were seats all over the island that allowed you to teleport from one place to another within the island.  There's a picture of me sitting in one below.

AKK Horse Ranch
At the AKK Horse Ranch you can not only buy horses, but also have FUN!!  I got my demo horse as instructed and looked at lots of the other horses (that I couldn't afford yet).  THEN, I saw a water slide and a pool and swings!  I couldn't help myself...check out my ride down the water slide below.

No comments:

Post a Comment