Sunday, October 30, 2011

Assignment 8-2: Reflection

At first I had some anxiety about what my space was going to look like and what the theme would be.  I have always had trouble when it comes to getting started being creative.  Everything usually turns out great, but ever since I can remember I've had anxious feelings when such a project begins.  Once I got into this though, I kept having more and more ideas.  I would make something and then change my mind or have a better idea and start over. 

I loved using the scripts.  Using the script generator and just searching for them online was fairly easy once I got the hang of it.  At first I had trouble with the notecard giver script but then realized that the notecard had to actually be in the contents folder of the object.  Makes total sense now, but at the time I was stumped.  I also liked that my classmates were often around as I was building so I could ask questions if I hit a roadblock. 

I have a few unresolved issue with my space...First, I added a hovering text script to two of the objects and then tried to delete the script from the object.  The Fun Scripts text stayed after I deleted the script from the object though.  To fix it I had to add the script again and just remove the text in between the quotes so that nothing showed up.  This was the only way I could get it to not show up.  The second issue was that two classmates had left prims in my space and I could not remove them.  You'll see them in the left side of my picture below.  I have sent an IM to each of them to please remove the objects.

I'd like to explore more with moving objects and sounds in the next building activity.  I wanted to focus on a few this first time and master them and then add more as we move on. 

This is the space that I created with a fall theme. 
I included many fall sweets recipes as notecards attached to objects that I created as well as some that I found in SL.

No comments:

Post a Comment