Saturday, October 8, 2011

Assignment #1 (Week 6)

I've explored a lot of Fontbonne Island now.  I figured out how to open doors, walk better, take pictures, change my view, and interact with some of the feature elements present on the island.  I tried changing my appearance, but it seems I've chosen an avatar that resists change.  I tried giving my robot a dress to wear and it says she's wearing it, but she is very obviously not.  I looked through my inventory some as I was trying to change my apprearance.  Still not sure what some of it does, so I didn't change much else.  The gestures were also fun to play with.  I wish there was a 'waving' gesture. 

In regard to the more 'challenging' skills...I was having some trouble figuring out how to change the time of day, but with a quick Google search I was able to find it.  I easily figured out how to sit on object by right clicking on them and could see how many Lindens I had at the top of ths screen.  I was able to find my friends (classmates) on Fontbonne Island.  Finding places to go in Second Life caused me a little bit of anxiety ;-)  I wasn't sure where to start and didn't want to go somewhere that I wouldn't feel comfortable or would end up costing me Lindens.  I need to be a little more courageous in that area.  I went to Freebie Island because I had read about it somewhere, but it didn't seem like any of the freebies were things that I wanted.  I did notice that there were places where you could watch commercials and take survey's to earn more Lindens, but I wasn't sure how secure those were.

Here are some snap shots of things that I did...

 ^Here's me pointing at a horse^

^ Here I am sitting on the horse^

 ^Dancing!^

 ^Still dancing!^

 ^Laughing because I'm having my picture taken with a plastic flamingo^

^Raising my hand^

No comments:

Post a Comment